1-gallon pail for Lithium Ion (rechargeable) and Lithium Metal (non-rechargeable) batteries is used for disposal of intact batteries as described below. Maximum gross weight of bucket is 25 pounds. Damaged cells/batteries are not accepted.
Kit includes a UN Rated locking pail, liner, instructions, shipping to your facility and prepaid return shipping and recycling. A certificate of proper management will be issued to the email address on the order, once the material has been received and processed.
- Fully enclose each cell/battery with a non-conductive liner (e.g., plastic baggie).
- Prevent shifting of internal contents with packing.
- Non-Combustible packaging (vermiculite, air pillows, etc.) is recommended.
- Lithium batteries must meet small or medium cell/battery DOT exceptions for ground transport in accordance with 49 CFR 173.185 (c).
Sale of this item is prohibited in AK, ME, HI and PR.
Lithium Battery Limits are:
- Lithium Ion = < 60Wh cell or < 300 Wh Battery
- Lithium Metal = < 5g per cell or < 25g per battery
To help calculate the Watt-hour energy rating, please use the below formula.
- Watt-hour (Wh) = Ampere-hour (Ah) x volts (V)